Our Take on the Pep Rally!

After a long year of isolation during the Pandemic, students were awaiting the Pep Rally anxiously. The need for cheers and happiness intertwined with the spirit of unity was dire.

The pep rally was far from perfect, there was a lack of time for the event itself and some of the activities were rushed. However there were many moments and aspects of this event that brought a smile to our faces.
These are some of our favorite moments from the Pep Rally!:

• The energy and enthusiasm given during the Dance off (especially the wig snatch) ;)

*The atmosphere of the whole event was so positive and energizing. It was exhilarating to hear the stadium filled with laughter and cheers. Also it is safe to say that the Wig Snatch will forever remain iconic!

• The Cheering for the Sport Teams! 

* The cheers of support and encouragement from students towards their fellow peers was heart touching! It truly displayed the essence of GBHS! We are more than just a school, we are a family!

• The visible representation of School Spirit

* We filled those stands with Red and we were proud to do it! It was amazing to see so much Gopher spirit!

Despite the hurdles we faced during the Pep Rally, there was definitely a success in the creation of happiness, joy, and unity among the students and school. As an SGA officer myself, I can speak for my team and I about the challenges and stress we faced during the planning of this Pep rally, however seeing the joy and happiness on the faces of our peers showed us that everything was worth it!

Gophers I am so proud and excited to say that…We are finally back!