Outdoor Track Senior Spotlight

Hunter Hardesty, Editor

Since none of the Senior Spring athletes competed even once, nor received their celebratory senior night acknowledgement, below we will recognize the Class of 2020 Outdoor Track Athletes. Each senior provided the information below for use in this tribute.  Congratulations to you all and we wish you all the best.

Eniola Adeleke (Sprints, Hurdles, Relay)

Athletic Accomplishments: All county member for 3 seasons.  Member of 2 county championship relay teams.  Current GB 300 meter hurdles record holder.  Member of 3 GB relay records.  12 season varsity athlete. 6 seasons as co-captain for GB indoor/outdoor track.

4-year participant

Favorite Memory-Qualifying for states in the 4x100m and 4x400m; setting the school record in the 300m hurdles

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- Practicing and competing in the 300m hurdles

Future Plans-She will be attending University of Southern California this fall, and then she plans to pursue medical school

Coach Quote- As a freshman, Eniola established herself as a true competitor.  By her 10th grade year, she established herself as a leader, too.  She is fierce!

Emily Chen (Distance)

Athletic Accomplishments: Chen is a 12 time varsity athlete, co-captain, and member of Glen Burnie’s 4x800m school record.

4-year Varsity Track participant

Favorite Memory- Going on long runs and having amazing adventures.

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- Going on long runs

Coach Quote- Emily told me she wants to run a marathon one day.  There’s no doubt that she will do that and do it well.  Her dedication to always do a little better or to push a little further gave us all something to look up to!

Isaiah Davis (Distance)

2-Year Participant

Favorite Memory- Just being together, doing warm up drills together, running together, stretching together, running with other people always made it more challenging and fun. You always had someone that made you push yourself to stay ahead; it’s not the same running on your own.

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- The nice weather, it’s a nice temp for running, where it’s finally warm out and it feels amazing, and it’s not to hot, at least not yet. I’ll also miss  my teammates that I’ve been running with for seasons, as well as my amazing dedicated coaches who always push us to be our best in every aspect.

Future Plans-I plan to go to AACC then after 2 years I’ll transfer to a 4 year college I’m not sure which yet though. But for sure I want to do something that makes a positive impact on others and my community.

Coach Quote-Isaiah improved his times so much during his time with us, but he also grew so much confidence.  He regularly reminded his teammates to focus on the run or the workout instead and understood how awesome it is to “just run.” We are so proud of him!

Alyssa Furman (Throws, Sprints, Relays)

Athletic Accomplishments: Furman was a 3 year co-captain who could and would do any event if the team needed her to.  She is an 8 season varsity athlete

4-year participant

Favorite Memory- Seeing everyone grow and improve their goals and supporting each other.

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- The long track meet days

Future Plans- Attending a community college and hopes to own her own business one day

Coach Quote- Alyssa is one of the most dependable athletes we have!  She was never afraid to push her limits, and I knew every time she was in an event that she was giving her all.

Fariah Hayward (Sprints, Relays)

2-year participant

Favorite Memory- The practice where we had three rotating stations

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- The people

Future Plans- Become a forensic scientist

Coach Quote- Fariah’s ability to keep everyone laughing and smiling are going to be missed!

Saidai Stuteley (Mid-Distance, Jumps)

Athletic Accomplishments: Stuteley was a co-captain.  She is a member of the 4 x 800 school relay team, and was hoping to break the school record in the long jump this season as she did for indoor.  Stuteley plans to run in college at Coppin State University.

Other Activities- National Honor Society, Math National Honor Society , Tech Crew , Theatre Company

4-year participant (last 2 at GBHS)

Favorite Memory- Doing relays and long jump with the team

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- I’ll miss my teammates getting hype in the stands and having long jump practice and running races at the meets

Future Plans- She will be running and attending Coppin State University where she plans to major in mass communication

Coach Quote- Saidai is motivated to be the best, and to surround herself with the best.  Her energy and drive to succeed are contagious! 

D’artagnan Moorehead (Sprints, Jumps)

4-year participant

Favorite Memory- Practicing field events

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- Being able to surround myself with talented athletes

Future Plans- Military/Culinary School

Coach Quote- D’artagnan’s energy and positive attitude will surely be missed by his coaches and teammates.

Romon Mitchell

4- year participant

Favorite Memory- Running at the Gator Invite

One thing you will miss about Outdoor Track- The track meets with our team

Future Plans- Attending AACC or Morgan State University

Coach Quote- Romon said his 9th grade year that he wanted to be the best athlete GB had ever seen.  That’s the attitude he brought to practice everyday!  He came willing and eager to push himself to be the best!

Sean Scott (Mid-Distance)

3-year participant

Favorite Memory- When I ran my first 400m at the home meet my freshmen year

One thing you will miss most about Outdoor Track- I will miss the events, my coaches, and the team

Future Plans- To go into the Air Force

Coach Quote- He is fearless! Sean runs every race with pure guts! He goes as hard as he can as long as he can, and he doesn’t slow down or hesitate for any hurdles.

Editor’s note: All photographs provided by the students.  Yearbook photos taken by Lifetouch Photography.