Co-Ed Tennis Team Senior Spotlight

Hunter Hardesty, Editor

While many of the Senior Spring Sport Athletes will not be able to compete one last time for their school and experience a physical Senior Night, below we recognize the Class of 2020 Tennis Athletes. The athletes below provided the information that we compiled for this tribute. Congratulations to you all and we wish you all the best!

Anagh Astavans

How long have you been playing tennis?  Since I was 5, competitive tennis since I was 9 or 10, and been playing on Varsity since 9th grade.

Favorite GBHS Tennis Memory- I really enjoyed my 9th grade tennis season. I specifically remember my first ever high school game against Chesapeake High School which I won. That season I won more games than I lost, and I had a great time playing.

One thing you will most about your spring sport season-I was looking to a great season of being in form and playing 1st singles against all the other schools. I was hoping for a great season.

Future Plans-I will be attending the Honors College at University of Maryland College Park. After that, I hope to attend an accredited medical school, in efforts to obtain an M.D. degree and become a successful surgeon.

Gabrielle Cruz

How long have you been playing tennis? 2 1/2 years

Favorite GBHS Tennis Memory- Trying tennis out for the first time, meeting and interacting with new people. The seniors mentored me throughout the sport seasons.

One thing you will miss most about your spring sport season- I will always miss the cold days we spent outside during matches with my friends. We would all huddle up together but always had fun cheering everyone on.

Future Plans- I am going to Loyola University after high school to major in biology. I hope to go into the pre-dental program and study hard and continue playing tennis during the next four years.

Ahamed Chowdury

How long have you been playing tennis? 2 years

Favorite GBHS Tennis Memory- I loved playing men’s doubles with Maks and winning a few games.

One thing you will miss most about your spring sport season- I’m really gonna miss all the friends I have on the team, and the super awesome new coach we got this year.

Future Plans- I might play tennis as a club sport in college if time permits.

Dominick Funk

How long have you been playing tennis? 4 years

Favorite GBHS Tennis Memory- Playing doubles against my friends

One thing you will miss most about your spring sport season- Talking to everyone and playing against other teams

Future Plans-University of Maryland with an engineering focus.

Minh Le

How long have you been playing tennis? one month

Favorite GBHS Tennis Memory- When Coach Aavo moved me up to the advanced group

One thing you will miss most about your spring sport season- Everything

Future Plans- Going to college and getting a Computer Science Degree

Editor’s Note: Photos provided by athletes or yearbook photos by Lifetouch Photography.