Virtual Spring Sports Senior Night: Graduating Players of Boys’ Lacrosse

LAX Seniors share their favorite memories and future plans

Hunter Hardesty, Editor

On April 28, Maryland Schools Superintendent, Karen Salmon cancelled high school athletic events for the rest of the school year. While this hurt the coaches and all spring sport athletes, it hit one group of students the hardest: Class of 2020 Senior Athletes.

Unfortunately, Spring Sport Seniors will not experience a physical Senior Night but they can at least receive the recognition for all their hard work. Many athletes participated in lacrosse all four years. They worked hard every day of the season while also balancing schoolwork and maybe even jobs.

As a athlete myself, it is truly a lot of work, and any athlete deserves recognition for participating in a sport. It is with my honor to start the first ever Virtual Spring Sport Senior Spotlight featuring Boys’ Lacrosse. While you won’t have the special moment on the field, I hope this will solidify your history in GB athletics.

Branden McGuire

How long have you played Lacrosse- About four years

Favorite Glen Burnie Lacrosse Memory- End of the season Banquet at Coach Hoods house my Freshman year

One thing you will miss from your Spring Sport- The Bus Rides

Future Plans-  Go to AACC for two years then go to Virginia Tech for another two years for Construction Management/Engineering

Zachary Brandenburg

How Long Have you Played Lacrosse- Four Years

Favorite Glen Burnie Lacrosse Moment- Working hard with the team and becoming a family

One thing you will miss from your Spring Sport- Getting hyped up together before the games

Future Plans- I’m attending Barton College to further my academic career and pursue a job in the medical career

Josh Klinger

How long have you played Lacrosse- 8 Years

Favorite Glen Burnie Lacrosse Memory- Beating Northeast in overtime my Sophomore Year

One thing you will miss about your Spring Sport- Spending time with my best friends

Future Plans-  I am committed to Barton College in North Carolina to play Division 2 Lacrosse and further my academic career

Xavier Sims

How long have you played Lacrosse- Two and a half years

Favorite Glen Burnie Lacrosse Memory- Grinding in practice was the best part to me. In a competitive environment with friends is the beat part of sports period

One thing you will miss about your Spring Sport- I will miss after game moments win or lose we had the same come back to get a better mentality for the next game

Future Plans- Go to Towson University with a Computer Science Major

Evan Sinchak

Evan Sinchak #7 (Glen Burnie Athletics)

How long have you played Lacrosse- Four Years

Favorite Glen Burnie Lacrosse Memory- Being together, putting hard work on the field, making each other better people and players and becoming friends for life

One thing you will miss about your Spring Sport- Grinding on the field to get the best out of others

Future Plans-  2 years AACC, 2 years UMD. Become a nurse for 4 years then back to school to become a Doctor.

Editor’s note: Photographs provided by athletes.