You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Back to Article
Back to Article

You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Come out to enjoy the entertaining musical production of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, being produced Thursday, December 5th, along with Friday, December 6th, and Saturday, December 7th: all at 7 P.M. in the GBHS auditorium.

Lucky A-day students attended a 20-minute preview during their English classes.  Several students gave the production a big thumbs up. As a nostalgic reference to many of the students’ childhoods, it had a good response. The musical is based on the comic strip characters from “Peanuts”, which has run in newspapers throughout the world for many years.

Sally and Shroeder, aka Loralei Wolf and Messiah Rogers

Design and build of the colorful set for the show took four Saturdays of construction, says Mr. Landers-Nolan, also known as Lando. The cast, crew, and Mr. Campbell, the social studies teacher, created the set, which gives the feel of the cartoon based on the popular comic strip.

Students might recognize Colbey Parks, who plays Charlie Brown, since he also happens to anchor the GBHS Friday newscast.

S. Wais
Colbey Parks, aka Charlie Brown and Lando

Additional cast members include Loralei Wolf, who plays Charlie Brown’s younger sister, Sally; Messiah Rogers who plays Schroeder, the friend and piano player; and Erin Shields who plays Lucy, the “psychiatrist” who sort-of helps the protagonist along his life journey with her advice.

You can’t possibly forget Charlie Brown’s accomplice! Everyone’s favorite dog, Snoopy, is played by Fred Fairson.

Fred Fairson as Snoopy the Red Baron

Don’t miss a great night out to support your fellow classmates! As Mr. Campbell announced during the weekday previews, show tickets would make a great holiday gift!

Mr. Pinder, the musical director, and Mr. Lando, the director, has been assisted by two 2016 GBHS graduates, Anna Santos and Sami Peterson.

Tickets are just $5, sold at the door and children under 3 years old get in for free. This is a great show to bring the kids to or just to get nostalgic about your own childhood. Enjoy!