The Burrow

Announcements 4/16

Editor, MaryBeth Stup

From Ms. Mills:  4/5-4/20

Exciting News, Seniors! For the month of April, the School Counseling Department is holding a contest specifically for seniors submitting college scholarship applications.

Each time you submit a scholarship you can add your name to our scholarship tree in the counseling suite and your name will be put in a raffle. This means the more scholarships you apply to, the more chances you have to win!

Come to the counseling office to learn more!

From Coach Woodson: 4/9-4/16

There will be a Glen Burnie Football Informational Meeting on Monday, 4/16 at 2:30 in Coach Woodson’s Room I-114 (I-Tech).  The meeting will include information on eligibility requirements, expectations, workouts, tournaments, camps and the 2018 Football Schedule.

From Ms. Wirth: 4/9-4/25

The 2018 Spring Evening of Dance is fast approaching.  Mark your calendars now for April 26th at 7pm so you don’t miss the dance classes, dance for athletes and dance company in their last performance of the year.  Tickets are on sale now for $7.  See Mrs. Wirth or Ms. Spano in the Business Building.  Tickets will not be sold at the door!!

From Briah Barksdale: 4/16 – 4/20

Good morning Gopher Nation,

For the remainder of this week and next week we will be creating Gratitude Posters. These posters are to creatively show gratitude towards the staff members at GBHS. If you would like to be a part of this, join me in the Learning Lab during your scheduled lunch or at the end of the day in the Media Center!

From Ms. Voll:  4/16

Northeast shared their opiod awareness project with all GBHS teams Friday including the Rolling Gophers Bocce Team. Purple bracelet were worn by all Friday.

The Rolling Gophers suffered a match loss against last year’s county champs 2-0. Game one was closer than the score. Glen Burnie had several great rolls only to be knocked away by at the last rolls, giving Northeast the win 13-2. In game two the score was tied 2-2 for several turns then Northeast rolled several 3’s and the Gophers just couldn’t keep up, eventually losing 15-2.

Athletes Keith Rebstock and Ismail Wifak had several strong rolls while partners Noah Hileman, Grace Hall and Breanna Titchener added several points and strong leadership.  A special thank you to David Skinner for helping with set-up and breakdown!

Come cheer on your Rolling Gophers in their last regular season match at Annapolis next Friday.

From Ms. Peterson:  4/11-4/20

Only ONE of these GBHS faculty members will win the “Pie-in-the-Face” contest!

Krystal Gulden

Crystal Hanson

Robert Jackson

Daniel Landers-Nolan

Samuel Porter

Sean White

Bruce Campbell

Paul Keener

WHO WILL WIN????

Vote Now – and Vote Often (all lunches)

Drop your spare change in the bucket – the staff member with the most $$ will win.

All proceeds will go toward the STEPS FOR HOPE SCHOLARSHIP FUND!

The winner will be announced – and receive his or her PIE – on Saturday, April 21st, at the

Steps for Hope Walk and Health Fair!