The Burrow

Announcements 4/10

MaryBeth Stup, Editor

From Ms. Addison:  4/3-4/10

ATTENTION JUNIORS AND SENIORS, Anne Arundel Community College

is coming to Glen Burnie High School on April 13th for Personal Registration Day

Seniors can sit with an AACC advisor to register for their freshman year

and Juniors can register for JUMP START.  Don’t Wait.  Sign up on Naviance or in Guidance now.

You must have completed an AACC application and taken the Accuplacer in order to meet with an advisor.  See your Counselor if you have questions.

From Ms. Mills:  4/5-4/20

Exciting News, Seniors! For the month of April, the School Counseling Department is holding a contest specifically for seniors submitting college scholarship applications.

Each time you submit a scholarship you can add your name to our scholarship tree in the counseling suite and your name will be put in a raffle. This means the more scholarships you apply to, the more chances you have to win!

Come to the counseling office to learn more!

From Coach Woodson: 4/9-4/16

There will be a Glen Burnie Football Informational Meeting on Monday, 4/16 at 2:30 in Coach Woodson’s Room I-114 (I-Tech).  The meeting will include information on eligibility requirements, expectations, workouts, tournaments, camps and the 2018 Football Schedule.

From Ms. Wirth: 4/9-4/25

The 2018 Spring Evening of Dance is fast approaching.  Mark your calendars now for April 26th at 7pm so you don’t miss the dance classes, dance for athletes and dance company in their last performance of the year.  Tickets are on sale now for $7.  See Mrs. Wirth or Ms. Spano in the Business Building.  Tickets will not be sold at the door!!

From Ms. Frantz:  4/9-4/10

Congratulations to the following Gophers for being voted student and staff of the month:

9th Grade:            Holly Soto & Tamiya McWhorter

10th Grade:          Lucas Jacques & Jordan Davis

11th Grade:          Logan Hartwell & Kayla Wentz

12th Grade:          Camryn Queen & Jay Patel

Teacher:               Ms. Jones

Staff Member:      Ms. Smothers

From Ms. Taylor:  4/10-4/12

Attention Seniors:

We are asking any senior who played at least 3 years with the Harundale Youth Sports League and has played sports for Glen Burnie High School at least three years to please report to the Guidance office to meet with your Counselor.  It is urgent that you do this today.

From Ms. Angelo: 4/10-4/13

If you are interested in joining NHS please see Ms. Angelo for an application we are doing soft inductions at the end of this year.

If you would like a tee shirt please get Ms. Angelo with your size by Thursday.

From Ms. Frantz: 4/10-4/13

Attention Seniors!

Do you plan on working full time after graduation? Get a jump start on your job hunting.  Anne Arundel Workforce Development Center will be holding a Career Fair and Hiring event on Friday, April 27th.  Transportation and lunch will be provided.  You must attend three information sessions in order to attend. Space is limited.  Sign up in the Media today! Info sessions begin this Friday.