The Burrow

Announcements 3/26

MaryBeth Stup, Editor

From Ms. Benya-Zwald:  3/12-3/30

It’s that time again for Literature Magazine submissions!  

The first Literature Magazine will be out by the end of March and the new one will be coming out at the end of May!  

Please give your submissions to your English Teacher or Mrs. Benya-Zwald in Room M201 by Friday March 30th!​

From Ms. Brown: 3/12-3/28

Hey gopher nation, are you ready for Spring break?  Well get ready for Spring Spirit week too. Let’s show our Gopher pride and end March in GB style.

On MONDAY, MARCH 26th, it will be Neon Day – dress in your brightest neon colors to bring in spring.

TUESDAY, MARCH 27th will be SuperHero Day – dress as your favorite superhero or shero!

And WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28th, show that gopher spirit by wearing Gopher gear or college gear from the college you plan on attending or the college you like.​

You have two weeks to prepare so get ready!

From Ms. Frantz:  3/21-3/26

Attention Gophers!

Monday, March 26th all students will have the opportunity to attend the College & Career Fair in the main gym during your 3B class.  With representatives from over 30 colleges and local businesses, you will have the opportunity to explore and plan for your future.

Freshman and Sophomores – Come wander and see what a college and career fair is like! You might get some good ideas! ​

Juniors – This is your opportunity to explore and begin the planning process.

Seniors – Graduation is just around the corner, solidify your choices!

Dress for success, bring your resume, and plan some questions to ask admissions officers and local employers to maximize your visit!

From Ms. Voll:  3/26

The Rolling Gophers opened their Unified Bocce season with a hard-played loss to Meade 2-0. After falling behind and losing game one 7-1 the Gophers forced sudden death for game 2 but came up just short losing 4-3. Athletes Allie Napora and Mikey O’Brien had some great rolls with points from partners Grace Hall and Breanna Titchener adding to the score. A shout out to the Lady Gophers Softball team for cheering us on and special thanks to Holy Soto and Ihley Debow for volunteering as scorekeepers. Come cheer us on at our next match at Chesapeake HS on Tuesday 3/27.

From Mr. Mooreland:  3/26

The GB Tennis team would like to congratulate Rylee Funk and the girls’ doubles team of Kathleen Bandy and Emma Brown, and the girls’ team of Aamna Sohail and Jocelyn Balmes-Guzman for their victories over Oakland Mills Friday. Overall, the team dropped the match 3-6.

Gopher Tennis takes on North County today, come out and support the swinging Gophers!