The Burrow

Announcements 3/15

MaryBeth Stup, Editor

Ms. Housand:  2/22-3/16

Purchase your yearbook today before time runs out or we sell out. Yearbooks are $95 plus tax and can be purchased online at jostensyearbooks.com.

From Ms. Taylor:  2/28-3/19

Attention Juniors and Seniors

Anne Arundel Community College is coming to Glen Burnie High School

WHEN:  March 21st 2018

WHY: To make a presentation to Juniors interested in the Early College Access Program, also known as Jump Start and to Seniors interested in attending AACC in the Fall of 2018.

Valuable information will be shared about AACC, the Accuplacer, and Personal Registration Day

If you are interested in attending AACC in the Fall of 2018, sign up on Naviance or come by Guidance and put your name on the list.

Don’t miss out!  Sign up today

From Ms. Benya-Zwald:  3/12-3/30

It’s that time again for Literature Magazine submissions!  

The first Literature Magazine will be out by the end of March and the new one will be coming out at the end of May!  

Please give your submissions to your English Teacher or Mrs. Benya-Zwald in Room M201 by Friday March 30th!​

From Mr. Werfelman:  3/6-3/23

The Student versus Faculty Basketball game is coming our way on Wednesday, March 28th in Main Gym during 4th period! If you want to see teachers and students battle it out on the court, this is for you!

If you’d like to play in the game, simply see Mrs. Blessing or Mrs. Woodruff to get a recommendation form. Only students with good attendance, No Ds or Es, and those who are not on the basketball team will be considered for a spot on the team.

In order to attend the game, students must have perfect attendance and receive no referrals — or receive a Positive Behavior Referral between March 7-March 23. This starts tomorrow! Good luck, Gopher Nation.

From Ms. Housand:  3/8-3/23

If you have not purchased a Yearbook, get yours today before they sell out! There are less than 100 books left! Order online at jostensyearbooks.com

From Ms. Angelo:  3/12-3/23

The NHS meeting will be held on 3/22 in Room M121 at 2:30. Please see Ms. Angelo by 3/21 if you cannot attend.

If you were not in the yearbook picture and need to sign the tee shirt paper, please see Ms. Angelo by 3/15.

From Mr. Fromm:  3/12-3/16

Role Playing Club will now meet on Fridays for the remainder of the school year.  Come to o203 Fridays from 2:30-5:30 to get some experience points!

From Ms. Brown: 3/12-3/28

Hey gopher nation, are you ready for Spring break?  Well get ready for Spring Spirit week too. Let’s show our Gopher pride and end March in GB style.

On MONDAY, MARCH 26th, it will be Neon Day – dress in your brightest neon colors to bring in spring.

TUESDAY, MARCH 27th will be SuperHero Day – dress as your favorite superhero or shero!

And WEDNESDAY, MARCH 28th, show that gopher spirit by wearing Gopher gear or college gear from the college you plan on attending or the college you like.​

You have two weeks to prepare so get ready!

From Ms. Hanson:  3/13-3/19

The ACT and Accuplacer will be administered on Tuesday, March 20th. All juniors will take the ACT this day and are expected to arrive on time and to take this assessment. All seniors who have not satisfied their College and Career Readiness will report to school at regular time to take the Accuplacer. All other students will come in 3 hours later, at 10:30 am and report directly to their 3B class. If you are BMAH, you will report to school at regular time and report to I-Tech. There is no CAT-N. If you have any questions, please ask your English teacher or see Ms. Noon.