The Burrow

Announcements 2/8

MaryBeth Stup, Editor

From Ms. Blessing:  1/18-2/15

Student vs. Faculty

Volleyball Game

Friday, February 16, 2018 – 4th Period

SET, SPIKE, PASS!

Requirements to attend:

• Students who earn perfect attendance from, 1/16 – 2/14 will be given a pass to attend as a spectator for the event.  Perfect attendance requires no absences, no tardies, no early dismissals. This is for PERFECT ATTENDANCE!
  • OR Students who earn a PBR for the 2nd MP will be given a pass to attend as a spectator for the event.
  • Students who attend MUST have NO REFERRALS

Want to play…

• Students who wish to play in the event CANNOT be volleyball players on Varsity or JV teams.  Students need to have outstanding attendance, no referrals and CANNOT have any D’s or E’s on their 2nd MP report card.
  • Students on the Varsity or JV Volleyball team that would like to serve as faculty or student team coach should see Ms. Blessing.

From Ms. Jones:  1/29-2/8

Attention all 9th graders! The time has come- our National History Day Gala is THIS THURSDAY evening from 6-8. Please come and bring your families to show off your awesome NHD projects and to have some food. There will be prizes for great projects like movie tickets, Orioles tickets, Chick-fil-a gift cards and NHD T-Shirts. You must attend the Gala to win prizes! PLUS we will unveil what projects are moving on to the county competition. You won’t want to miss it! Ask your history teacher or Ms. Jones for more details.

AND

To all NHS members that signed up to help with the National History Day Gala- the event is February 8th NOT April 18th. Please see Ms. Jones in M122 to let her know if you can still help with the event to receive NHS hours.

From Ms. Beasley:  2/2-2/8

Attention Juniors! It’s time for our Spring assembly which will be on February 8th during 2nd period. You don’t want to miss this as we will go over upcoming events and begin to prepare for senior year!!! Listen for the announcement to be dismissed. See you there! Any questions, please see Ms. Beasley.

From Mr. Pinder:  2/6-2/28

Attention Students: Tri M Music Honor Society will be sponsoring a Coffee House on March 14th from 3 to 5 pm.  We are looking for singers, dancers, poets, and comedians to perform.  In order to perform, your act must be pre-approved.  Auditions will be on Wednesday, February 28th after school in Room A-102.  If you have any questions, see Mr. Pinder.

From Ms. Addison:  2/6-2/12

Attention Seniors:

• Your 2nd fundraiser begins on 2/8 and ends on 2/21. This will benefit your Senior Prom.
  • If you have NOT purchased your Cap & Gown, please see Mrs. Addison (I-107B) ASAP to order your Cap & Gown. The price is still $42.40.

From Mr. Newbury: 2/6-2/13

Air Force is proud to bring their presentation on Career and Educational opportunities that the Air Force has to offer.  The presentation will be Wednesday Feb 14th.  Sign up in the Guidance Department or contact our Guidance Counselor, Mr. Newbury.  Aim High!  Air Force.

From Mr. Woods:   2/8

The Anne Arundel Medical Center will be on campus for our Winter Blood Drive Thursday and Friday! If you need a permission slip, stop by M215 to pick one up or see any of the blood drive team leaders for more details!

From Mr. Terrence:  2/8-2/9

STUDENTS:  TWILIGHT SCHOOL IS COMING!

Registration for Twilight School is NEXT WEEK, Monday through Friday, from 3-6 PM, in the Main Lobby of Administration.  Classes begin on February 21st. Pick up a flyer now in guidance, the main office or in O204.  Freshmen, repeater freshmen, and graduating seniors can take courses such as English 9, Biology, U.S. History, U.S. Government, Algebra 1 and 2, Art, Spanish 1 and Geometry.  Classes cost only $85 and are from 2:25 to 3:55, twice a week.  Twilight School has shorter classes than night school, is much cheaper, and gets out in time to still have fun or go to work.  Sign up for classes now by talking to your Guidance Counselor or seeing Mr. Terrence in O204. Get your credits back and get back on track in Twilight School!